The American Geophysical Union Fall 2014 meeting came and went. It is quite a taxing meeting. But, I saw some old friends and many colleagues. A highlight was running the EarthScope Town Hall. Our agenda was:
- EarthScope overview, science achievements, and status (Arrowsmith)
- Update from the National Science Foundation (Benoit)
- Plate Boundary Observatory Futures workshop report (James Foster)
- IRIS Science workshop report and Transportable Array update (Central Eastern US network and Alaska deployments; Bob Detrick)
- Upcoming meetings overview (Arrowsmith)
- Questions and discussion
We also had our EarthScope Booth which was very well managed by our team (Cindy Dick, Sarah Robinson, and guest booth host Jeff Lockridge). Thanks to them for their hard work and all who stopped by. Steve Semken and I were running around with busy schedules but we enjoyed our EarthScope interactions. We also had a couple of EarthScope Education and Outreach posters lead by Sarah Robinson, Steve Semken, Wendy Bohon, and Kathy Ellins.